Student Visitor Visa

Student Visitor Visa

This page tells you whether you can come to study in the UK as a student visitor.If you want to come to the UK in order to do a short course of study during your visit, you can apply to do so as a student visitor. The period when you intend to be in the UK must not exceed six months.

You must be aged 18 or over, and you must have been accepted on a course of study provided by:

  1. an education provider that holds a sponsor licence underTier 4of the points-based system; or
    1. an education provider that is accredited by an accrediation body approved by theUK Border Agency; or
    2. an education provider that is inspected or audited by either the Quality Assurance Agency forHigher Education, Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted), Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Education in Scotland, Estyn in Wales, Northern Ireland’s Education and Training Inspectorate or the Independent Schools Inspectorate; or
    3. an overseashigher educationinstitution that offers only part of its programmes in the UK, holds its own national accreditation, and offers programmes that are of an equivalent level to aUK degree.

During your visit, You must:

  1. support and pay for accommodation for yourself and anydependants, without help from public funds; or
    1. ensure that you and your dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends, and will not take employment.

You must leave the UK at the end of the visit you told us about, and you must be able       to meet the cost of your return or onward journey.

During your visit, You must not:

  1. take employment in the UK (including part-time or full-time vacation employment);
    1. engage in business, produce goods or provide services within the UK (including selling goods or services direct to members of the public);
    2. study at agovernment-funded school;
    3. undertake a work placement or internship (paid or unpaid) as part of your course of study;
    4. extend your stay in the UK;
    5. carry out the activities of a business visitor   a Sport visitor an entertainer visitor
    6. receive private medical treatment; or
    7. be in transit to a country outside the common Applying

This page explains what you must do if you want to come to the UK to study here for up If you are a ‘non-visa national’, you will not normally need a visa to come to the UK as a student visitor – but you may want to consider applying for entry clearance if you have previously been refused entry to the UK.

When you travel here, you should bring some documents to show the immigration officer at the UK border. These documents include:

  1. if you are employed, a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period – the letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s), and when you are expected back at work;
    1. if you are self-employed, evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
    2. evidence of any property you own in your home country;
    3. evidence that you have been accepted or enrolled a course of study that will be provided by an organisation described in the Eligibility  (for example,a letter from the school,collegeoruniversitywhere you will be studying);
    4. evidence of any family or social ties and responsibilities to return to;
    5. evidence of any firm travel plans you have made;
    6. bank statements going back over a period of several months; and
    7. evidence of savings available to you.

Extending Your Stay

You will not be able to extend your stay in the United Kingdom as a student visitor. There are no provisions in the student visitor rules for extensions to be granted. You can only obtain leave (permission to enter the United Kingdom) as a student visitor by applying for a student visitor visa at a British diplomatic post abroad or by seeking leave from animmigration officer when you arrive in the United Kingdom.

For more information, contact on  +44 (0) 203 00 888 46