Student Visa Rules

Tier 4 Student Visa Overview

If the course is for a period greater than 6 months then you will be able to work part-time during the course of your studies (full-time during vacations) if you have enrolled your self in University or Government Funded College.

If your course is for a period less than 6 months then you may be able to enter as a student visitor. Time spent in the UK on a Tier 4 Student Visa or as a student visitor will not count towards Indefinite Leave to Remain.

The Student Visa will be granted for the duration of your course, up to a maximum of 4 years if you are studying for a degree level qualification or a maximum of 3 years if you are studying for a qualification below degree level. An extension can be applied for towards the end of the period if this is required to complete your studies.

Qualifying for a Tier 4 Student Visa

You must score 40 points to qualify for a Tier 4 Student Visa. Acceptance on a suitable course will provide 30 points and you must score a further 10 Points by demonstrating that you have enough money to cover your course fees and monthly living costs (also known as Maintenance). The amount required will depend upon the length of the course and the location in which you will study.

Family and Dependants

You are allowed to bring your dependant partner and children with you if your course is for a period greater than 6 months & offered by University only. Your dependant will be able to work full-time.

For more information, contact on  +44 (0) 203 00 888 46